cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

where can I find the settings? 

where can I find this setting? 

Where is this "settings" how cand I find it. I use windows 10 and canon pixma490 series 

The settings procedure you go thru to fix your printer? The fix DNS solution? The settings you need to go thru methodically are on the printer itself. Hit the "tools" looking icon and that should bring up settings menu. Advance thru the with the arrows until you get to web service setup. Hope you have what selections you need to make. Selection is done at each step with the OK button.

I'm also reporting that the manual configuration to install a fake DNS IP address seems to be a valid workaround - I used 192.168.100.075 as that address was very unlikely to be in use on my LAN..  Thanks italolima.  Mine is a MX492 and just now I was able to print wirelessly from a Win 10 laptop for a second time, no need to re-discover the printer or reboot the laptop.  The MX492 has been turned on, sitting quietly for 30 minutes since I printed the first time after the workaround..  I suppose I'll be back to see if Canon cares enough to create an actual solution to this snafu.

thats manual setup on the printer itself?

Yup. From the printer's panel you access the printer's settings.

Where can I find this "settings"? 

On the printer ... The button picturing tools

It worked for me too! DNS issue indeed. I entered the Primary DNS of my Gateway/Helix from Videotron, and added 1 to the last pair of digits. And I entered "no" when asked for the secondary DNS. Working like a charm now. Hope it helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements