cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

Thank you!!! 

I wonder if this work around will stop the printer from looking for future updates, and thus a potential fix if Canon even bothers.  It aggravates me because Canon has always been my go to for printers, but this means I will never buy Canon again.

I followed your suggestion italolima, thank you for saving the hair on my head, it worked just like the others have said!!

Thank you! This worked for me as well.

Question:  If Canon issues a update to correct this issue, how do we undo your "fix" (go back to the settings prior to implementing your "fix")?

In this case, instead of selecting manual DNS, activate the automatic DNS option, as it will receive the settings from your router/modem. But I suggest keeping an eye on the Canon forum to see if they have issued any official patch notes before doing so.

Thank you!

Thank you so much! Your advice worked for me and I've posted it as a reply to a few others' who may not have had the patience to read this far down into the thread. Much appreciated!

Thank you for this solution! I was HIGHLY frustrated by my printer's malfunctioning.

I followed your steps and just entered a fake IP address and now it prints just fine. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I entered a fake IP address as well but I'm not sure tech savvy when it comes to IP addresses.  Does it matter if it's fake or did we just give someone else out there in the world access to our Internet system because that IP address is out there somewhere and "their address".  Super worried but I use this personal printer for my home business as well and NEEDED to get things done right now.

This is where you lost me...

"Configure an IP from your internal network that is not in use or another IP that is not a DNS server,"

What does this mean?  How do I do it?

Thanks!

Announcements