cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720 Edges Cut Off When Printing from iPhone/iPad

JustSerfin
Contributor

I recently bought a Canon PIXMA TR4720 (after a Canon PIXMA TR4520 broke) & I am having a problem.

I can print fine from a computer but if/when I (try to) print from my phone on iPad it cuts off [all 4 of] the edges of the page.

Why is this happening & how do I fix it?

7 REPLIES 7

JustSerfin
Contributor

I am adding some screenshots/pics to give more details on this.

As a “test” I took this screenshot:

Screenshot1b.png

This is the print preview screens (of both iPad & iPhone)

Screnshot 2b.pngScreenshot 3b.png

But this is what prints out:

Screeshot 4b.png

Notice the difference between the actual screenshot & what is cut-out of the print-out.

Hi,

Instead of printing directly with Airprint, I recommend trying to print the photo with the Canon print inkjet selphy app.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have always used Airprint. I had actually tried using the Canon app & didn't like it so I stopped using it (& deleted it) as I found Airpint to be much better/easier. Furthermore, I never had this problem with Airprint on the old printer so it is unacceptable for this to happen just because I got a new printer & wanting/expecting me to get that app (again) is unreasonable.

Hi! We're unable to provide support for apps not made by Canon. We recommend giving ArthurJ's advice a try; otherwise, for support for AirPrint, we recommend contacting Apple.

Hope this helps!

I had already done what Arthur J said with the old printer & I had clearly explained why I don't use that app. How would using that specific app fix this? The way I print should have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with how the pages.

Furthermore, Apple says that "AirPrint is an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers." but what are you & Arthur J trying to get me to do? Therefore, that is NOT an answer!

Just for the record, this form has been completely useless to me.  Nobody has been helpful yet claim to be....

Still haven't gotten an actual answer. Why does that not surprise me?

Announcements