cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 partial functionality

yuri10
Contributor

old comp died. downloaded canon pixma drivers on new comp. i can print directly from the printer. if i print something from the comp the printer physically "prints" but the result is a blank page. if i scan i get the mssg: ubs is disconnected or the printer is off. connected and on.

??? ty

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

I recommend to have this issue looked at by our support team. Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat/ask a question box that appears, ask the chat bot to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you

Hi, 

If you can print but not scan, there may be a security setting on the computer that is interfering with the scanner driver. Since you have already removed and reinstalled the printer/scanner driver, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft to have them check your computer. If they find what is blocking communication to the scanner driver, the will resolve it and you will be able to scan again. 

yuri10
Contributor

5th post

if i try to scan i get mssg:

printer is off- it's on

usb cable is not connected- it is

scanner driver will close

if i print from the comp it takes me to "save as"   ???

Announcements