cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Printer cartridge stuck.

Linda-87
Apprentice

Ink cartridges stuck at far right of printer. No paper jam.  Won't move if printer is on OR off.  Pressed the red stop button but flashing orange light next to the triangle icon doesn't stop flashing.  Tried everything I've read about, but no luck.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Mike

Hi Linda-87!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know your printer's model number as well as the operating system on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

Linda-87
Apprentice

It is a Canon Pixma MG3620 black printer, purchased May 2017.  My desktop computer is a MAC-- IOS I think is the operating system.  Printer was working fine until a couple of days ago.  Only other thing I can think of is that it kept telling me to replace the black cartridge, which I may have needed to do, but I got that warning even when the cartridge wasn't old--it was never synced after I used a non-Canon substitute--but I have been using only Canon for years after that happened.  Thank you!

Hi,

While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. Once that is done, try to move the ink carriage over you can access the ink and try to remove it. 

If the ink still wont move, your printer will need to be replaced. Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Linda-87
Apprentice

Thank you, but it the ink cartridges still wouldn't budge.  Unfortunately, I bought new color and black ink for this printer! Thank you for trying to help me though.

Announcements