cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Wireless Light Flashes Stopping USB Setup

justmeetee
Contributor

I DO NOT have wireless I have a cable to USB port . When I go through the install after I download the software the light telling me the wireless is not working keeps flashing and will not let me go any farther. What's going on here? How do I get this thing to finish setting up so I can use it?

18 REPLIES 18

Ok I can't do anything without registering, not even talk to anybody at canon about not being able to register because I don't have the receipt any more. Everything about this makes me wish I never bought a canon product.

It's okay if you don't have the receipt.  You can just put down your best honest guess as to when you got the printer, even if it's just an approximation.  Once you complete your registration, you should be able to call our 800 number and get right through.

We look forward to your call!

I did that. Including  estimating the purchase date. If something doesn't fit the things on their list then you just don't matter enough. Already got his money so he can go pound sand.

I called the 800 number and none of what they list is my problem. But it does let me know that I'm not going to talk to anyone if it doesn't.

Just gonna leave me hanging?

justmeetee
Contributor

Well this was a complete waste of my time. I never got an answer to my question. But you got my money and that's all that matters, right?

Hi Justmeetee

Please ensure that the number you're dialing is: 1-800-652-2666 and our friendly, US-based support team will be happy to help once you're on the line. Before calling in, you'll want to ensure your gear is registered to your My Canon Account. You can do that now here: http://canon.us/account

We hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I DO NOT have the receipt so won't let me register I deleted everything canon from my apps and started over. I still get 'printer not detected'. But my computer tells me it is. Can't be both, Schrodinger's printer? I have accepted that I got stuck with a P.O.S. printer, Just sucks I'm stuck with very expensive ink cartridges that I can't use.

Hi,

While there is no wifi light on the printer there is an alarm light that will flash. If the orange alarm light is flashing on the printer, the light will flash for a certain number of times before pausing and then flashing again. 

After the pause, count the number of flashes and  that will help us narrow down what error the printer is giving off. 

We look forward to your reply. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements