cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6620 not connecting to new homes wireless network

sckm4b
Apprentice

None of the computers in our new residence will connect to our MG6620 printer.  The blue light flashes as if it is looking for a internet signal to connect to, but everything I have tried has not worked.  Have done a hard reset trying to erase and start from scratch, nothing.  I get to the Select access point, where the name of our wireless network is, click on "Use one AccessPoint only.  It tells me to check the MAC address of the target access point by referring to the access point manual".... Click on the MAC address, the wireless light flashes and then I keep getting the ERROR message.  Please advise how to overcome this hurdle.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Regardless of the network hardware, the printer requires the following for wireless connectivity.

A 2.4Ghz broadcast that uses WPA2/AES encryption.  If the network is dual or tri-band and using the same network name or SSID for all broadcasts, it might be helpful to use a unique name for each network or temporarily disable the other broadcast while making a connection to the 2.4 network.  Please ensure the network broadcast uses WPA2 encryption. The printer will not connect to a network using WPA3 only.  It must must provide backwards compatibility like WPA3/WPA2 or WPA2 only.  If you are using a mesh system or have added your own equipment to the ISPs modem/router, ensure the ISPs device is in bridge or pass-through mode so there are no device conflicts.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements