cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 - help scanning documents by pressing the scan button (not connected to a computer)

balderic
Contributor

Hi,

I have a PIXMA G7020 printer. The printer is connected on LAN network and is in a different room than my computer. The printer is upstairs, my computer is downstairs. I can print documents from my computer or my iPhone, but am having issues scanning documents.

When I want to scan a document, I can go downstairs to my computer and control the scanner. I can use my iPhone to start the scan with the Canon Print app. However, when I am upstairs and simply want to press the scan button on my scanner to scan a document, it does not work. When I press the scan button the screen shows Scan Mode (LAN), Scan Local (USB). 

Is there a way to actually press the scan button and get the scanner to scan and save the documents to a default location without the printer/scanner being connected to my computer?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

You can adjust your scan settings using IJ Scan Utility. Please click HERE for more information about scanning. Once the manual opens, select the scanning method you are using ( from a computer, mobile device, etc). From there, you will have more information about 2 sided scanning, where to save the scans, etc. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements