cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G4210 Can't print from computer or phone

Ciromaria
Contributor

Every time I print the printer seems to register is but I receive an error on the spooler and the printer prints a few blank pages and stops. The printer was working fine for 1.5 years

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)? "G4010" isn't a model we recognize here at Canon USA. 
Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ciromaria
Contributor

Hello,

I have the Canon Pixma G4010.

I don't see any error messages.

I print from Windows, Mac OS, and smartphone.

I connect via Wifi

Previously, the printer printed very yellow images so I did a clean, deep clean, and ink flush. 

The strange thing is that the printer now says "communicating" and then prints several blank sheets but the number of sheets of paper doesn't seem to correspond to the document being printed. 

One correction I have the Canon Pixma G4210

Hi,

Does the spooler error only happen on the Windows computer? Have you tried disconnecting the printer from your network and then reconnecting it? 

We look forward to your reply. 

I have tried fro my MAC and Phone they don't work either. I have reconnected it to the network and can connect via the IP address.

Hi,

Please turn off the printer and then unplug the power cord to your router and let it sit for 30 seconds. Then plug the power cord back in and let the network come back up. 

Once the network is up, turn the printer on and go into the system preferences on your Mac. Then select printers and scanners and check to see if the printer appears. If the printer does not appear, click the + button and select add printer. 

Also, delete and reinstall the Canon print inkjet selphy app on your phone and once you reinstall the app, check to see if it can find the printer. 

We look forward to your reply. 

ArthurJ,

Thank you for your note. I worked with a tech and am now able to print from the Canon Sephy app and sometimes the computer. However, right now i can ping the printer but can't access it via the web browser. I believe there may be an issue with the wifi on the printer...

Announcements