cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MX922 won't print

gojurick
Apprentice

Hello, I have just purchased and installed a new Pixma MX922 printer and connected it wirelessly to my home network.  Going through the install I put in the ink cartridges (all light up) and attempted to go through the print head alignment.  The page came out blank.  Yes I'm using the sheet that came with the printer.  I attempted this several times with the same result. I then tried to go through the manual alignment, same results, pages come out blank.  I have verified that the cartridges do not have any plastic left over coveing the ink dispenser. I looked inside to make sure I didn't forget to remove some internal protective cover or something.  I found nothing.  I also installed the software on a laptop and connected and attempted to print, only a blank page.  I've searched for an answer but come up with nothing.  Any insight would be helpful, I'd really rather not have to box it up and ship it back.  Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

Daniela7823
Apprentice
I just bought one the other day and have the EXACT same problem and looked everywhere for an answer and found nothing either.

I'm dealing with the exact same problem too. I just bought my printer a couple days ago.

gojurick
Apprentice

Tried everything I could think of just decided to return it and ordered a replacement.  I should get it on Monday, we'll see how it goes.

gojurick
Apprentice

Received my replacement printer today.  Set it up and everything works great.  Good thing, I got such a good deal from Amazon I didn't want to have to pick a different model.

Julius
Rising Star

Hi everyone,

If you are running into this issue, please take the inks out of the printer and place them back in again.  Be sure there is no orange protective packaging tape remaining on them.

If the issue persists, we'll need a little more information to determine what may be occurring.  Please visit the link below and we can take a further look into this.  Thanks so much!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Not receiving error messages but printer will not print any documents from my computer.  PDF, Word, Excel so on.  Files are small.  Printer will make copies changed all ink carts. restarted, downloaded drivers, checked all connections and no luck.  Printed a test page and it was fine.  SUGGESTIONS?

Hello FRP! 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

mtcanning
Apprentice

I just got my printer today from Amazon and the exact same thing happened.  When running the automatic print head alignment, the page kept printing out blank.  I checked the cartridges as well and made sure all the plastic tape was off them.  I removed and reseated them many times with no luck.  Each time I made sure the cartridge lights were lit.  I verified that all of the orange tape was removed from the printer  I tried the alignment about ten times before giving up.  This is the first Canon printer that I have bought.  After reading this post and seeing other people were having the same problem, I contemplated getting a refund from Amazon and buying a different brand but I instead opted for an exchange.  I will wait for the replacement and then upfdate the post with the results.

I just received my printer and I tried to do the print head allignment and it failed and the paper came out blank.  I then pressed stop to skip it and finished setting up the printer and the test page came out blank.  Every piece of paper i have printed from this printer has come out blank.  I checked the toner and I couldn't find any problem with them.  What can i do to make something show up on a blank piece of paper?  I followed the directions best I could.  This isn't suppose to happen with new products.  It makes the company look bad.  My brother printer worked right out of the box, why not this one?

Announcements