cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know which driver & utility to download to make my Pixma MX310 work

camval
Apprentice

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now the scanner on my Pixma MX310 does not work. The printer works, though

I know "officially" my printer is not "compatible" with Win 10, but I've seen answers from the Canon reps that if you find the right driver and MP Navigator downloads, you can get the printer & scanner to work in Win 10.

I NEED to know the exact driver and the exact MP Navigator to download.

This printer/scaner has worked for me with Win ME, Win XP, and Win 7.  If I could find my install disc, I'm sure I could get it to work.
But it seems you have to find the right combination of driver and MP Navigator.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@camval wrote:

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now the scanner on my Pixma MX310 does not work.........

.  If I could find my install disc, I'm sure I could get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using the included CD is probably the last thing you'd want to do.  These disc's are basically old or outdated by the time you purchase and get a device home.  This is why manufacturers stopped including them.  There's no way of knowing how long a product sat in a warehouse or on the shelf in a store.

In this case, there is no support for the MX310 under windows 10, but the drivers for W7 or 8.1 will likely work with some minor limitations in functionality.  Since there are several builds of windows 10 currently in support 1909_2004_20H2, there is no way to know with certainty, which specific driver might work best.

You'll have to experiment until you find a working combination of drivers and utilities.  Shouldn't be too difficult and since you can use system restore to revert any changes while you experiment.  There is no risk of trying.  

Support | MX Series | PIXMA MX310 | Canon USA

Recommended steps:

Download the latest drivers for windows 8.1

Save but do not run them 

Remove the printer and uninstall all drivers / canon utilites for the printer

Disconnect the printer.  Restart.

Create a system restore point

Install the drivers, connect the device when prompted, perform set up and add the printer to your system again

Test functions

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

If Rick's recommendation doesn't work look into VueScan by Hamrick Software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements