cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 is possessed!! Help!

Adventurejenny
Apprentice

Hi!

First time posting here. I have the Canon Pixma MX492. I replaced the black ink cartridge with a new one the other day and used it twice without any problems. Early this morning it started turning off and on by itself. I tried unplugging it and rebooting it and it won't stay on long enough to do anything. It doesn't even give an error message and none of the buttons work. It just keeps turning off and on, off and on. I need this for work! Help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

My MX492 is doing the same thing. Obviously Canon pushed out some kind of update that has caused these printers to malfunction. When can we expect a fix for this? If I have to purchase a new printer it will definitely NOT be a Canon.

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

That didn't work. 

I think this worked!! Thank you!!!

NO this does NOT help  Canon caused this problem with something bad they did............instead of platitudes of us all coming hat in hand with a plea for 'help'............Canon should issue an apology and a fix.

kdcody96
Apprentice

Same thing happening over here...at the same time.  Started trying to print around 5:20 pm on 5/31/2022

wallypadegimas
Apprentice

Same problem here today, happening with MX490, Cannon has obviously put out a BAD update! The only way I got through it was disconnect WIFI, reload printer on computer from CD and DON'T USE WIRELESS! Must be hard wired.

NICE SCREW UP CANON, LAST PRODUCT I WILL EVER BUY FROM YOU! Took me all day to figure out it is CANON's problem.

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix! I verified it!

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

This might be helpful to someone who is very tech savy, but not your average or below user.  Furthermore, the instructions would have to be handwritten ad we can't print them.  Canon Must correct this or lose many customers.

Hi Eileen - Agree that Canon has to fix this but I was able to follow the above info.  Brought the instructions up on my IPad.  I'm 85 years old and not computer savvy.  This does work.

Announcements