cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix everyone!

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Yes, a firmware update is available to resolve this issue entirely. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

KenShead
Contributor

Thank you. I tried this. I get all of the way to where I need to type in a random IP address and I can’t figure out how to convert the keyboard on printer from letters to numbers. I am sure it is a simple thing but I can’t figure it out. Thanks. 

aanelli
Apprentice

That worked for me except i put my dns address for my comcast provider 75.75.75.75 because It couldn't connect to do a firware update. And I had to select my network and enter the password again. I don't know if the connection and firmware update worked but it is printing again and stopped power cycling!

I have Comcast, too, and that IP address (with all the 75's) is the one that already shows up, when I try to do the override. If I just go through the steps and leave that same address, nothing gets fixed. Where did you have to select your network and enter your password -- you mean on your computer, when you tried to reconnect to the internet?

KenShead
Contributor

Also…..where/what is the “Home” button. Thanks. 

KenShead
Contributor

Yay!!!!!  I figured it out. Am I the 1st Medicare eligible (65+) to read the generous advice of other users and figure it out (albeit 45 minutes later)? 

So is it working wirelessly now?

carride
Apprentice

I called Canon customer support. They wanted $20 to speak to a human, and now here we find out they self destructed all these Canon printers. They should pay us all $20 for wasting our time.

twinpine25
Apprentice

Although all of the helpful hints and suggestions are appreciated, none of them have worked for my printer.  This is either due to my specific model or connections, or due to my inability to do it correctly.

What I'm most pissed-off about and mystified about is that Canon, who must know about the issue, hasn't offered any acknowledgement of the problem or notified us that they're working on a fix and will let us know ASAP that they'll get it fixed.  All of us who have registered our products are known by them and they should be contacting us.  ARE YOU HEARING ALL THESE COMPLAINTS  ABOUT THIS ISSUE CANON-USA??????

The suggestion given did get my printer to stop cycling on and off, but it has to be wired to my computer via USB. It wont connect wirelessly with the router. I was in a Staples store today and even they were getting calls about this. Someone here posted that Canon required a $20 fee to TALK to someone on the phone. This is outrageous. Youre right., they should be telling us SOMEthing, unless they dont care if no one ever buys their products again.

I agree with you that we need to see a reply from Canon—have tried to ask them where and how they will communicate the final solution- or maybe give us all progress updates—got nowhere…..  I did find a CANON USA page on FACEBOOK and a few people have started posting there asking CANON to reply— I added a posting a little while ago— suggest more people do that and ask them where the solution is and when it will be resolved.  I can’t believe they have just left this mess without any communication.  This is what I posted….i added the comment to an existing postA10943CF-84B9-4FF7-AB81-96FDA8EEB498.png

click here to view the gallery
Announcements