cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 CD/DVD Printing Issue

dmwc
Apprentice

My MG7720 printed perfectly on CDs and DVDs up until a couple weeks ago, when streaks started appearing anytime I printed black text onto a disc, like the ink is simply missing in certain spots. The streaks are usually in the same place on different prints. When I print a full color image on a disc, sometimes the print will look okay at the top of the disc, but certain colors will disappear further down the disc. Sometimes the entire disc is printed with a specific color (or colors) missing completely. As of right now, when I print simple black text on a disc, it's all there, but very, very light, like there is only a very small amount of ink being applied to the disc. The issues occur on multiple brands of inkjet printable discs. The brand of disc does not seem to make a difference. I am not seeing any of these issues when I print onto paper. Paper prints look exactly like they are supposed to, with no streaks and no missing colors. 

The cartridges all have ink and are working fine. I have tried several cleaning cycles, an automatic head alignment, a manual head alignment, and I have removed and reseated the print head. I also checked the encoder strip and it does not appear to need cleaning. At the moment, I have no idea what else I can try to fix this, if anything.

Here's a disc with simple black text. The text is very, very light, but should be dark black.

IMG_20181227_201229551.jpg

And here is a full-color print. The black ink just stops halfway down the disc. And the colors on the top half are not correct.

IMG_20181227_201312782.jpg

The colors on the disc above should be similar to the colors on the paper insert below, which was printed on the same printer, just before I printed the disc image.

IMG_20181227_201319173.jpg

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dmwc,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)/

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements