cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having issues with print head alignment on my new TS302

Lillygal
Apprentice

I'm struggling to finish my TS302 install due to an error on the print head alignment. I receive the following message when I try to print:

The operation could not be executed.  Confirm the printer and the computer are connected, and the printer power is turned on.  If the printer is executing another operation, retry the operation after that one has finished.

The computer is definitely connected because during installation, it knows that a USB is connected and asks me to disconnect, then later to reconnect.  I've cleared the print queue and retried printing, I've tried every open port on my PC, I've deleted the installation and started over and rebooted my PC.  It always comes back this this issue.  In my devices, the printer is listed, but it shows offline.

The USB is from my old canon printer, but I can't see how it would be an issue if they are universal and the install is detecting that there is a USB?  My PC is new.  I only replaced my printer because my old one wouldn't work on the new PC.

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi there!

I'm not a printer tech, but as I understand it, you can't use USB and WiFi at the same time on many of our printers, so you may want to make sure the USB cable is unplugged from the printer side if you want to use your printer wirelessly, then follow the steps on one of these pages (depending on how you're going to be setting up your printer):

Wireless Setup

If you try this and still need help, don't hesitate to contact phone support so they can walk you through the process. They're open Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET). You'll need to register the printer at canon.us/account, then give them a call at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666)

click here to view the gallery
Announcements