cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 Printer Manuals in Print Form

mynamehere
Apprentice

I need a copy of the manual for Pixma MX492.  

It is for my Mom - she is 88 years old and NOT computer literate.  She doesn't understand how to download anything or view PDF files online.  

I attempted to print one, but it is more than 1000 pages and I cannot afford that much paper or ink.

She wants to buy a replacement manual.  Can we do that?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

MX492.  Downloads are here:

Canon Support for PIXMA MX492 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon doesn't provide paper manuals any more because of the reason you posted - they are very large. You could probably have Staples or some company like that print the manual for you, but if your mom is not good with computers she probably won't be any better with a paper manual, because everything links back to the computer.

Your best bet would be to find what she wants to do and find the few pages in the manual that cover that and print them. 

Most software that involves printing handles the appropriate settings. I have never had to consult with the manual for my printer; I print from photo apps, Adobe PDF reader, MS Word and MS Excel.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks John!  Missed the hard copy part. 😬

@mynamehere, indeed the manual is 1004 pages. 

MX490ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf (c-wss.com) 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements