cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Voltage for my Printer?

jaw78
Apprentice

Hello,

I just moved to Israel about a month ago, and had a major shipment of personal items sent via a cargo ship last month. Included in this shipment was my old 2015 Canon Pixma MG7520 printer.

Can anyone tell me if my printer accepts dual voltage between 110 - 240 V? If so, I would just need to use an adapter or IEC C-13 connector power plug. I found a possible solution here: https://he.aliexpress.com/item/1005001493361034.html . Would this be safe to use?

Thanks for anyone that can help me.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Generally that info is listed on the device. Look for a label on the rear of the printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I wish I could find out now but the printer is in a bin on some massive ship sailing across the Atlantic right now. I guess I'll find out when it arrives.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In my experience, you are going to have a hard time getting ink.  After sending more than 20 staff members to live abroad, I found this out the hard way.  You can't run down to Staples, Office Depot, BestBuy or Costco.  Amazon might not have it readily available in your region either. You'll save more time and money buying a printer where you are.  When / if you come home, donate the printer to a church, school or charity.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. Amazingly, I just looked on Amazon and found that all my ink cartridges will ship for free to me here overseas in a few weeks. I won't be using my printer often anyway. So it should work out assuming the printer can handle dual voltage (110-240v), otherwise I need a converter.

Announcements