cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma G6020 Horizontal Lines

jamielk92
Apprentice

Hello! I have been having issues with my Canon Pixma G6020 printing with these horizontal lines. This is a new issue, these lines have never appeared before.

I am using the exact same paper and exact same print and quality settings I have always used. I have tried almost everything under the maintenance menu besides the ink flush: I have done cleaning, deep cleaning, head alignment, roller cleaning, btm plate cleaning, all multiple times with no luck. IMG_9550.JPGIMG_9569.JPGIMG_9570.JPGScreen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.47.17 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jamielk92,

In this situation, you can try reseating the print heads using the steps in the link HERE to see if it resolves your issue. If there is air in the ink lines, it can cause gaps or banding in the prints. If reseating the print heads and cleaning have not resolved your issue, you can try the ink flush to see if it improves the print quality.

paultweten
Apprentice

Hi! I am currently experiencing this issue. I have done a flush in the past, but I am hoping to resolve this without having to do that. It sucks because I keep good maintenance on it and print all the time to avoid drying 

Hi, did you get this sorted? Ive got 2 new iX6850 and am having the same issue. Ive used these printers for years, same ink, paper, files and settings but these 2 new ones are both printing just like yours. Im at my wits end!

I never found a solution and had to buy a new printer all together. I can’t remember what chat support said and can’t find the transcript. But the issue was not resolved. Good luck! 😕

Announcements