cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing my mind over EOS Web Service Registration Tool - EOS 1300D

Ikto
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for days to connect my 1300D to image.canon via the 'EOS Web Service Registration Tool' software.
Once I get to the Login pop-up, I fill in the fields by entering my username and password but as soon as I click on "Login" the software opens the browser redirecting me to the image.canon homepage.

I've tried everything: different computers, different operating systems, firewall, SSL certificate, different networks, different versions of EOS utility/web service registration tool, I've contacted the Canon service center to check there was nothing wrong with my account.

The newer cameras only complete the configuration via the mobile app, with the 1300D you necessarily need to use the "EOS Web Service Registration Tool" software

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I still can't upload RAW images but managed to upload the image.canon web service on the camera

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Take a look at this recent thread.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/EOS-Web-Registration-Tool-Failing/td-p/376669 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Swanheart
Apprentice

Hiya

I'm also having issues, but managed to get a few services connected, but im STILL unable to get the webservices to work, after logging in (with correct details) it just takes me to the image.canon page and does nowt

Hi,
How did you manage to get a few services connected?

I went to https://myid.canon/canonid/#/account and signed in/created an account (not google linked) and then added my serial number for me EOS, but I still cant get it to link to the camera, the EOS reg link doesnt work

pxbradley1
Enthusiast

This may sound oversimplified and totally off base, but if the web service is a US site and you are in a different country, some pages may be blocked. You may try try setting up a VPN so the site thinks you are in the US.

Thank you for your reply, but no dice 

Nicsu
Apprentice

Hi!  Same problem with 6D Mark II. I contacted support and they replied they know there is problem but not know what cause this. Support did not provide any estimation for fix only occasionally check if there is update available (for what, FW or Eos Utility ?, I do not know ) 

Hello. On the 20th of this month I got in touch with the support too, the kind operator told me he escalated the issue internally and in 2-3 business days he would have gotten back to me.
I'm still waiting, I'll keep you posted.

Nicsu
Apprentice

Hi! 

Thanks for your reply!

I tested this missing web service registration option just a moment ago (once again) ...and....hooray...it works...at least here in Europe. I hope this problem not bothers you also anmymore

Announcements