cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How preserve file name with EOS Utility?

Bazsl
Rising Star

Using the latest version of the EOS  Utility I have set Preferences > File Name to Do Not Modify which, according to the EOS Utility manual, is supposed to preserve the file name assigned by the camera but it does not. Instead the EOS Utility invents a file name of the form IMG_9999 where 9999 is a sequential number starting with 0001. How can keep the file name assigned by the camera?

Second question. How can I configure the EOS Utility to both download the image to my PC and write the image to the SD card? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can't keep the in-camera file ID using EOSU.

The "Do Not Modify" means do not modify the default EOSU file naming convention.

If you look closely and the window you will see that "IMG" "4" and "1" are greyed out when do not modify is selected.

Screenshot 2020-10-05 200449.jpg

It is easier to simply create a folder and drag and drop from the card either in camera or using an external card reader.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John. I am not using EOSU to download files from the camera. I am shooting tethered using EOSU. When shooting tethered with EOSU how can I have the files both written to the card and sent to my computer? Thanks.

EOSU doesn't allow that. Files are saved directly to the  computer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements