cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X Mark II will no longer transfer images via wifi to laptop with Windows 11

whatever1
Contributor

Since I updated my laptop to Windows 11 there is no longer an option to upload photos via wifi from the G7X Mark ii to windows 11.  The computer won't recognize the camera and the camera can't find the computer. Yes I restarted the computer and camera multiple times, yes I'm sure wifi is working and connected to laptop.  The camera will still download photos to my phone but then I have to email them from my phone to my computer which takes forever and is a ridiculous workaround.  I spoke with Canon support on the phone and they told me there is no Windows 11 uploader software from Canon and that I can try the Windows 10 downloader but that was already on the laptop and no longer works. Yes, I tried reinstalling it, it still doesn't work.  Is there ANY way to transfer photos to a Windows 11 device via wifi?

13 REPLIES 13

@whatever1 wrote:

As mentioned in my original post, I did repeatedly download the windows 10 installer and it never works

AFAIK, every version of the MS Surface Pro includes USB ports.  Which version of the Surface Pro are you running?  

Again, upgraded operating systems are NOT supported.  Buying a new camera is not going to change that.  The problem is your computer, not the camera.  The option to use a card reader has already been suggested to you.  

Wi-Fi is the slowest way to transfer files, anyway.  Use a card reader or a USB cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You're not listening to me but that's fine. I think you and I are at an impasse and further discussion won't be fruitful.

@whatever1 wrote:

You're not listening to me but that's fine. I think you and I are at an impasse and further discussion won't be fruitful.

I agree.  You make significant changes to your computer and now you want to blame the camera because you are experiencing computer issues.  Good luck.

[EDIT]

B422DFC5-CAE9-40B0-909B-5C0CAF2E8F62.jpeg

Good Luck.

C2AAF231-CE47-4937-B27E-4213525BA6DA.jpeg

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/installing-windows-11-on-devices-that-don-t-meet-minimum... 

Announcements