cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS VR Utility is acting up - Canon EOS R5/MetaQuest 3

angryfireman
Apprentice

I have been working on a project for a few days, and I exported a bunch of processed rawfiles from the R5 with the RF5.2MM lens into JPGs from Adobe Bridge yesterday and the day before.

Loaded them up in EOS VR utility, and exported the files so they are readable in Quest 3.

Today, EOS VR utility says there are no files in the folder i exported today. The settings are exactly the same, I use a preset for exporting, but the program just won't see them.  If I browse to the files from the other days, all is good.

But not todays files. What on earth is going on with this program?

4 REPLIES 4

angryfireman
Apprentice

EDIT: I found that PASTING EDITS from outside ADOBE CAMERA RAW makes the exported files unreadable in EOS VR utility. This has to be some kind of bug. When clearing the edits from within Bridge, and opening again i Adobe Camera raw, exporting, the files are seen.

Greetings angryfireman,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the described issue within the EOS VR Utility software application and we appreciate the feedback you've provided regarding the edits issue. I have submitted your feedback to our software engineers for consideration. Consumer demand, technological limitations, and customer feedback are all taken into consideration.

Thanks, 

Not sure if it is Adobe Bridge, or EOS VR utility.  When pasting developing information on a raw image, the final result should be the same whether it's done inside Adobe Camera Raw or in the application itself.  But I found that pasting outside of ACR caused the error.

Can you fix EOS VR utility so that the browsing experience is faster and easier?  Now we have to browse to the folder where the files are every time, and that can be quite time consuming.  We should  be able toi use shortcuts or just paste the path directly.  Or you could make it possible to have a default starting folder for edits, so we can export files directly there, so when the app is started, there would be no need for browsing at all. At the same time, you could make a preferred output folder.

nigeljbrown
Apprentice

I plan on renting this lens for my own non commercial use.  I would like to use the VR utility, however paying for a monthly fee when I plan on renting this lens about half a dozen times in the year.  Paying all year to use it a few times seems a bit like a rip off.  Q: Can I pay for subscription, then cancel it then pay for it when I needed it?  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements