cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Can't save photos on the network drive

Alina_Hramyka
Apprentice

I was trying to take photos and save them directly on the network drive (Windows) but got an error "No more shot is available". At the same time, I was able to download photos on the network drive.

If anyone has an answer or any solution would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

I wonder if this has anything specific to do with the network drive or network access from EOS Utility. Are you able to set a local drive as the destination and save the images that way or does the same message appear?

Does the EOS utility use a URL or does it require a drive to be mapped to a specific point on the network?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It does require a specific point on the network, as far as I understand.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 14.28.36.png

Hi, 

Thank you for the response! I can select and download photos through EOS Utility v.3 on the network drive (mapped as a local drive). But, if I try to take a photo remotely through the EOS Utility I'm getting "No more shot is available". If I set a local drive as a destination I don't have any problems.EOS Utility.jpg

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I suspect this is a networks security issue from the windows end - this kind of error suggest to me you have a rights denial.  You may need to go into the File Manager and set the specific sharing rights for the network folder and the share FOR THAT FOLDER so that they are available to read/write/delete.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I suspect that this is something that was pushed as an update by Microsoft. I had 4 computers running Win10 with EOS utility with tethered camera shooting that were saving for years to a mapped drive in QNAP server. They all gave me the same error as described here a few months ago and I'm unable to figure out what the problem is. All permissions are fine as far as I can determine. This is a serious problem for our office. Rolling back updates did not solve the problem, Updating QNAP did not solve the problem. It only occurs with the EOS utility. Anyone has any ideas?

Announcements