cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility stopped working - cannot connect camera with Windows

chechugiudici
Apprentice

Hi! I have my Camera EOS 250D, I used the EOS Utility in my PC Windows 10, and now it stopped working. I cannot connect it. It connects to the wifi but it doesn't connect to the program. I deleted and reinstalled the program, and the PC in the camera, to connect it all over again, and nothing. 

6 REPLIES 6

stevet1
Authority
Authority

chechugliudici,

When I use mine, I start the EOS Utility Program first, and then after it boots up, then I turn my camera on.

Have you tried that approach?

Steve Thomas

chechugiudici
Apprentice

I tried everything! But is like the camera cannot connect to the computer

WavyFredo
Contributor

Please help I'm going through the same thing.

BeachL0ver
Apprentice

I also cannot connect my 7D Mark II to any of the EOS Utility apps, 1, 2, or 3.  I used to be able to connect but that was years ago.  I have tried eveything:1) New firmware for 7D, 2) Re-Insall EOS Utility 3.  My Windows 10 computer sees the Canon Camera and even recognizes it as a 7D Mark II.  I see these posts have all happened in May of 2024 - I wonder if something has broken in the software somewhere???  
I really would like to use the Remote Control feature later this week...
Any suggestions...

@BeachL0ver wrote:

I also cannot connect my 7D Mark II to any of the EOS Utility apps, 1, 2, or 3.  I used to be able to connect but that was years ago.  I have tried eveything:1) New firmware for 7D, 2) Re-Insall EOS Utility 3.  My Windows 10 computer sees the Canon Camera and even recognizes it as a 7D Mark II.  I see these posts have all happened in May of 2024 - I wonder if something has broken in the software somewhere???  
I really would like to use the Remote Control feature later this week...
Any suggestions...

Unless you updated the Canon software, then the software has not changed.  Something else may have changed.  Operating System update, camera settings, bad cable, bad port on computer, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kriscowling
Enthusiast

I run EOS Utility on an iMac so this may not apply to you, but I have found that EOS Utility will not launch if I am running the DropBox application in the background.  Once I close DropBox, EOS Utility functions as it should.  I have no idea why this happens, but you may be running some background application that interferes with EOS Utility.

Good luck and best wishes!

Announcements