cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Transfer Utility 2 not working... how do i fix this?

BERZERRK
New Contributor

This just started happening today..

I click to open the application and nothing happen, like it doesnt even try to pop up then close. I check task manager to see if its running in the background its not there. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app & its the same thing. Any help is grately appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
VIP

Which camera are you trying to use?  

What computer and operating system are you trying to use?

If you looking to use EOS Utlity 2, then I guess you have an older model camera and using USB.  Check your USB cable.  Make sure that you are using a USB data cable, and not one of those USB power cables.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

i have a canon EOS M50 & im not trying to transfer through cable, i was trying through wifi

Also im on windows 10

Waddizzle
VIP
Use USB, because it is MUCH faster. The Wi-Fi is intended to work best with mobile devices.

Having built in Wi-Fi does not mean your camera is fully networkable. The cameras seem to use it as a longer range Bluetooth. Canon sells adapters that make cameras fully networkable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

I have the same issue with IMAGE TRANSFER UTILITY 2 (Canon SX70 HS). Last year, after some win10 Pro/64bit/ update my ITU software does not start anymore. Till that time everything was OK and transfer was done automatically bi WIFI. Tried uninstall and reinstall of software but no result. How can I solve this?