cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility can not detect my EOS700D

seanebue
Contributor

Hello there!

I have followed every instruction found at support section and tried different solution but no avail. My EOS Utility, 2 and or even 3 can not detect my Canon EOS700D. I can see my EOS700D on my computer connected but it seems I can not find solution for my problem. Here are some details;

Using:

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series 64bit (Windows 10).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One other thing to try that I saw on line.

Go to Device Manager->Portable Devices and delete the camera.

Annotation 2020-05-11 143146.jpg

Then connect camera and turn it on to force the computer to re-find the device.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

I once posted a link in a forum thread that contined to Microsoft's list of WMP versions, which had links for all of the most current Windows builds.  I have not been able to find it.  It would be similar to this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions 

I hope and would want to believe that Windows updates over the past few years have homogenized the differences between Windows versions, but that is only wishful thinking.  

If you try to download WMP from Microsoft on the target machine, though, you should be linked to the correct WMP version for the Windows Build number on your PC.  ....  In theory.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just found out that my windows 10 home has windows media player installed and is working properly.

I tried updating the WMP and re-install eos utility but no avail and fail! Still looking for another way!

At this point I think you need to call your in-country Canon support line. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
It says Mini USB 2.0 Port Charging Data Cable Data Sync Transfer Cable, I am assuming that I purchased a correct cable for my eos700d.

I would say yes.

Do you have any access to a second computer to at least see if the camera is recognised as a disk drive and shows up in the This PC window?

Annotation 2020-05-11 092729.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
Yes, i tried now with my Windows 10 Pro (other laptop) and detects like what is shown from your attached image.. I think, Windows 10 Home does not work with the canon software.. I will try to upgrade my Home to Pro then I will try again re-installing eos utility.. I will give you a feedback after a while.

i have W10 Home, so I don't think that"s the problem.

[Mod note - Removed screenshot - your Windows serial number is personal information and can be stolen by hackers.]

Thanks Stephen.

Annotation 2020-05-11 101109.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
oh! so do you have any idea what causes mybeoa utility or windows 10 home can't detect my dslr?

i don't.

Maybe go through and delete any software you don't truly need for now to see if there is a conflict.

Also, give Canon a call.

The nuclear option is to do a clean reinstall of Windows.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
I installed ksdw32.9a to my Windows Pro and my eos 700d works in eos utility 2.. I need to figured out for my windows home or else i need to upgrade it to pro.
Announcements