cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3.16.10 not recognizing camera

dknapp1117
Contributor

I have a T7i that has been able to connect to the EOS utility for years. However, after the latest Win 10 patch and an update to the EOS utility to version 3.16.10, the utility does not connect. The older version stopped working as well.

While the camera is detected by Win 10 as an SD card, the EOS utility does not recognize the camera. The utility does say Pairing over WIFI/LAN, but nothing happens. The camera shows that it is connected to a pc via the pc icon on the main screen of the camera. The utility also does not have any settings come up, so I cannot change download folders, etc. I have also tried version 2 of the EOS utility, no luck there either. The camera has the latest firmware, and it does connect via Wi-Fi to my iPad Canon download program. Canon Digital Photo Pro 4 also sees the SD card on the camera, and I can import with it, but normally I don't want to start it up for every import.  Anyone have some suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

OK, let's see if we can work through this.

1. as a wrote in my post, "Connect to an EOS camera" is text; nothing will happen if you click it.

2. close the EOS Utility program. Go Into your Hidden icons area at the bottom right of the Task bar. Open the window and see if you see the EOS Utility icon. If so click on it"

Screenshot 2023-02-28 104525.jpg

Select "Do not launch...".

3. Connect your camera by USB and power it on. Open the Devices and Printers window in Control panel. Do you see your camera?

Screenshot 2023-02-28 105254.jpg

4. Go to C: drive Program Files (x86) and look for this path:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 110135.jpg

Since you don't want the Wi-Fi/direct choice you can open EU3 directly. Then just save the shortcut to your desktop or Task Bar.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Waddizzle is absolutely correct.  A wired connection is faster, more reliable, etc, etc.

Leaving Wi-Fi enabled on the camera when not in use is nothing but a battery drain. 

We've seen body's get confused when you try and use both interchangeably on demand.  

Windows Firewall or an Anti-Virus with software firewall might block communication.  I understand it worked previously, so just throwing this out there in case something besides windows or a software update has changed.

Please also verify the EOS Utility Camera Connection is running in the system tray.  If its not running, you may start it and configure Start Up options.

shadowsports_0-1677466257398.png

You can do this in Task manager too.  Start Up Tab.

shadowsports_1-1677466346811.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

OK, let's see if we can work through this.

1. as a wrote in my post, "Connect to an EOS camera" is text; nothing will happen if you click it.

2. close the EOS Utility program. Go Into your Hidden icons area at the bottom right of the Task bar. Open the window and see if you see the EOS Utility icon. If so click on it"

Screenshot 2023-02-28 104525.jpg

Select "Do not launch...".

3. Connect your camera by USB and power it on. Open the Devices and Printers window in Control panel. Do you see your camera?

Screenshot 2023-02-28 105254.jpg

4. Go to C: drive Program Files (x86) and look for this path:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 110135.jpg

Since you don't want the Wi-Fi/direct choice you can open EU3 directly. Then just save the shortcut to your desktop or Task Bar.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Good solution. Windows was trying to start an older version of the utility, not version 3. Thank you.

Glad we could resolve this. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

petero
Contributor

There is an updated version of EOS Utility (3.18.0.1) which fixes the very long standing problem of an error message when you try to connect your camera to a Mac (not sure about PC) telling you it can't connect it, so it won't tether or download pics. It all works fine now, finally. Thanks, Canon.

Announcements