cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Digital Utility, Digital Photo Professional, and Image Browser EX: Please explain differences

mpgross1doc
Contributor

Is there a best way to use these? Simple language please.

8 REPLIES 8

@mpgross1doc wrote:

I'll tell you what I do: I use Digital Photo Professional to edit pictures and EOS utility to set the camera's time and update its copyright notice. I'm not entirely sure what Image Browser EX does and don't particularly care.

PS: If you dive into those programs under the impression that simple language will suffice, you're in for a shock. As Albert Einstein is supposed to have said (but probably didn't), "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@mpgross1doc wrote:

I'll tell you what I do: I use Digital Photo Professional to edit pictures and EOS utility to set the camera's time and update its copyright notice. I'm not entirely sure what Image Browser EX does and don't particularly care.

PS: If you dive into those programs under the impression that simple language will suffice, you're in for a shock. As Albert Einstein is supposed to have said (but probably didn't), "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

I'm like Bob.  I have never used ImageBrowser EX.  In fact, I don't think I have ever even started it up to even look at it.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ImageBrowser EX:

Capture.JPG

Its not software for serious photograhy use.

As Bob said, DPP and EOSU. You can download PDF manuals for the software from the Canon support site for your camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you.

Before I started to try to learn Lightroom, I liked Zoombrowser as an intuitive easy organizer albbeit a primitive editor. Image Browser looks to me like an overcomplicated and limited bit of junkware.

@mpgross1doc wrote:

Before I started to try to learn Lightroom, I liked Zoombrowser as an intuitive easy organizer albbeit a primitive editor. Image Browser looks to me like an overcomplicated and limited bit of junkware.

If I had a choice between ZoomBrowser, ImageBrowser [neither of which I have used], or Lightroom, I would choose Lightroom without hesitation.  I would choose Lightroom over Digital Photo Professional, too. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks 'dizzle. At least with Lightroom the enormous learning curve will return some benefit.

Thanks Bob
Announcements