cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d mark ii / 7D Field Monitor

fluis
Apprentice

I just purchased a field monitor, Feelworld FW568, and cannot get it to work with both of my 5Dii’s or both of my 7D’s. The monitor works with my nintendo switch connected to it and the camera’s work plugged into a TV, so cable/monitor/cameras work, but not together. Is there a setting with these that needs to be changed or are they simply incompatible? The monitor came with an HDMI to micro HDMI cable and the cameras all have “mini” HDMI, so a different cable was used. (I cannot find any info online, anywhere).

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fluis,

The HDMI output on the EOS 5D Mark II and the EOS 7D were designed to playback photos and videos you already took on a television. They were not designed for live output to a field monitor. Since your television is reading the HDMI output from your cameras that indicates the cable and the camera are working correctly.

There aren't any HDMI settings on those cameras. Once they detect an HDMI connection they automatically begin to output through that port. One thing to check on your monitor is the resolution it is set to. The EOS 5D Mark II and the original EOS 7D output at HD resolution. Try setting your monitor to HD resolution as well. Sometimes if the output resolution of the camera and the resolution the monitor are set to don't match it can cause issues like this.

Announcements