cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Support for VIXIA HF R300

ldscdr
Apprentice

Upgrading to new computers with new operating systems like Windows 11 creates some issues with interface for previous product drivers and software programs. I have a Vixia HF R300 which is still working great and has been since I bought it in 2012. However, since upgrading to Windows 11, I seem to have lost operability with software programs for this camcorder. And when I look at the Canon website for this model camcorder, there is no support. Are there any plans to provide support for products in a Windows 11 environment or am I just SOOL? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you let us know what software applications you are using, as well as what operability you have lost? 

Also did you upgrade from a previous operating system or install software which might have been intended for an earlier OS?    

Your camera is approx 10 yrs old. This should be taken into account from a support lifespan perspective. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ldscdr
Apprentice

I transitioned from Windows 10 to Windows 11 OS and a newer computer. The Canon website does not appear to support software or drivers for Windows 11 for my camcorder anymore. After purchasing a DVD/CD drive, I was able to upload the software from the original disks that came with the camera and was pleasantly surprised to find it still works on a Windows 11 system. And I can still transfer video files using the SD card reader or the mini-HDMI cord.

The camera may be 10 years old, but it still works exceptionally well and records great video. 

Thanks.

Amelia5634
Apprentice

After purchasing a DVD/CD drive, I was able to upload the software from the original disks that came with the camera and was pleasantly surprised to find it still works on a Windows 11 system.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements