cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Flash Trigger Compatibility with EOS R5 Mark II

VegasCameraGuy
Contributor

Will my current R5 flash triggers work with my new R5 Mark II? I've seen conflicting answers to this?

I have the Canon AD-E1 Multi-Function Shoe Adapter on order, but I would like to be able to shoot with my off-camera flashes without the adapter if possible.

13 REPLIES 13

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Is the trigger Canon or 3rd Party. If 3rd Party there maybe incompatibilities. If Canon only weather sealed speedlites need the adapter.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Hello,

I cannot enable my Wescott FJ-X3m trigger and FJ200 flash into High Speed Sync.  I can get it to fire, but not above 1/200th.  The Flash Function Settings are grayed out with "TTL and 1st Curtain" buttons on the screen.  Westcott is perplexed as well.

Patrick

Your 3rd Party flash system is incompatible with the camera. This is on them to fix not Canon.

-Demetrius
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM

Copy.

Been in contact with Wescott and they are telling me it's the camera settings...

thanks.

patrick

Does a Canon Speedlite work correctly. This happens all the time with 3rd Party gear. It works fine on older cameras. But it won't work correctly on newer bodies.

-Demetrius

i just have Westcott flashes.  My westcott speed light is the same.

It's a compatibility issue between old 3rd Party gear and a new camera body. This happens all the time with 3rd Party gear.

-Demetrius

I use both Godox and Flashpoint triggers on my R5 with the EL-1 flash as well as Godox and Flashpoint flashes. I have never had a problem with the triggers on my R5 Mk 1. 

Do you have a problem with it with the R5 Mark II.

-Demetrius

Announcements