cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.9.20 Convert and Save is not working

JoseCouto
Apprentice

Hi,

When trying to Convert and Save from RAW to JPG, after clicking on the Save button, it shows it's doing something for a couple of seconds but then no file appears.

I see this issue has appeared in previous versions of the software.

Is there a solution?

Regards

J Couto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you authorized file access in the Privacy and Security tool?

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-files-and-folders-on-mac-mchld5a35146/mac

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Ray-uk
Whiz

I've never had this problem but I don't use the save button, I always use "convert & save " on the "file" menu.

This is what I am doing "'convert and save"'.

You mean this screen shows up but you can't find the image in the destination shown in the popup?

2019-01-23.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

This image does not appear. Once I enter the name of the file, I get the little busy circle for a couple of seconds and then goes back to the main screen.

@JoseCouto wrote:

This is what I am doing "'convert and save"'.

I have not used DPP often over the past few years.  I think the last version I used a lot was version 3 something.  As I recall, though, DPP did not like to overwrite existing files.  It did not prompt you, or give you choice or chance to rename the your new file.  DPP would just simply stop the processing, and never tell you that it stopped, nor why.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:
I have not used DPP often over the past few years.  I think the last version I used a lot was version 3 something.  As I recall, though, DPP did not like to overwrite existing files.  It did not prompt you, or give you choice or chance to rename the your new file.  DPP would just simply stop the processing, and never tell you that it stopped, nor why.

It overwrites files now. And it asks your permission first. 

John_SD
Whiz

@JoseCouto wrote:

Hi,

When trying to Convert and Save from RAW to JPG, after clicking on the Save button, it shows it's doing something for a couple of seconds but then no file appears.

I have the same version of DPP and have experienced no issues saving to jpg. I don't use the file menu option, though. After I make my edits to the CR2, I select the SAVE button on the main screen, and then select the file type as jpg. 

EDIT: OK, I just did another test using the "Convert and save..." off the file menu, and it too worked fine. Maybe you could download the software again and try anew. 

Hi, I did try to save as well and with a different name and get the same result. I will try to redownload and reinstall.

lindat
Contributor

I am using DPP for the first time and I am having the same problem as was stated here back in 2019. Is there any solution in 2021. I edit the file, go to either Convert and Save or Batch Process, something happens for a second or two and then I get an error message that the file is not processed. I have reinstalled the software. This is with the latest version of DPP version 4.14.0 and I am using Macintosh Big Sur. I really would like to learn to use this software, however I can't do anything with the file once I have completed the edits. Can't save it as a jpg or a tif. 

Announcements