Share Your Photos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Local Birds

Here are several favorites of mine here in the San Jose, CA area.  All photographed with 7D Mark II and 100-400 mm IS II.These are generally seasonal, in the spring.  This swallow is such a beautiful and athletic bird to me.  Extremely difficult to p...

BB Pair.jpg VG.jpg VG in Flight.jpg

Dancer on the Dock

I was shooting flowers and butterflies at Reddie Point Park on the south bank of the St. Johns River in Jacksonville back in May 2015. There is a 400 foot dock that goes out into the St. Johns that attracts fishermen. Well, this youmg lady was practi...

Dancer-1b.jpg Dancer Composit-2b.jpg

The watcher

While outside waiting for an Oriole to return, I saw this little guy peering out of the basement walkout.  Earlier in the week I was moving plants outside after winter and while the basement door was closed but the walkout was open, a mother cat deci...

2A8A5325.JPG
wq9nsc by Elite
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

A perfect afternoon for baseball

Nice crisp and clear weather after storms caused game cancellations early in the week made for a nice afternoon of HS baseball.  Shot with Canon 1DX III and EF 400 f2.8. Rodger   

AS0I1358.JPG AS0I1043.JPG AS0I1637.JPG AS0I1341.JPG
wq9nsc by Elite
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Manzanitas

It surprised me that I wanted to photograph these trees, because I have always been interested mainly in birds and wildlife.  But when my wife and I came across this group of manzanitas while hiking near San jose, California, I liked them and took a ...

20201218-ED7D4524.jpg

Old Calculator

I bought this Canon Multi 8 in the summer of 1980.   It finally called it quits.   I had it through college, three employers, my own firm, and a few years of retirement.   After 41 years, it lasted long enough. 

calc.jpg
JerryPV by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Flying Things :)

Most of these were shot with a EOS 5D mark IV and EOS 7D mark II with 100-400mm L II or 70-300mm L II lenses, but you'll have to look at the EXIF to see which. The ISS was shot with the 100-400 and a 1.4III extender. The Hoverfly was shot using the E...

Moon-Jet-1a.jpg SpaceStation-01b.jpg PrinceBaskettail-1a.jpg Swallow-tailed Kite-00001a.jpg
Announcements