cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your wildlife photography!

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you snapped an incredible photo of wildlife? Post a favorite photo you've taken and share the story behind the image. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used!

About this photo: 

Camera: Canon PowerShot G3 X

Exposure Time: 1/125

ISO: 400

F-stop: 6.3                          

IMG_0154.JPG

330 REPLIES 330

"My lens C focuses faster, quieter, and sharper."

Your lens may focus faster and quieter but it isn't any sharper.  You still don't understand do you?  Lenses can not be made sharper after they are made if no physical component isn't altered.  Remember you couldn't pick the before and after shot on my "C"?

If your lens had mis-focus you could have fixed that yourself.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"My lens C focuses faster, quieter, and sharper."

Your lens may focus faster and quieter but it isn't any sharper.  You still don't understand do you?  Lenses can not be made sharper after they are made if no physical component isn't altered.  Remember you couldn't pick the before and after shot on my "C"?

If your lens had mis-focus you could have fixed that yourself.

No, it is not I but you, who doesn’t get it..  The lens is a focusing system.  It is a combination of hardware and control firmware.

I could always achieve a sharper image by focusing manually.  When the lens was switched to AF, the images were soft.  The firmware update corrected the focusing system.  

As far as your “test” shots go, once again, you don’t get it.  You had posted which photo was taken with which lens.  When I told you that I could not see a difference, that was not meant as a question.  I thought the images were soft, and still do.

[EDIT] As for correcting the lens myself, I did.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" When I told you that I could not see a difference, that was not meant as a question.  I thought the images were soft, and still do."

That is not relevant. The fact is you couldn't see the difference is.  That is the point, my friend.  My lenses never exhibited the poor IQ of the before shot you offered.  They still don't.  Have another cup of coffee and enjoy this beautiful day instead of sitting in front of your computer.  I am.  Smiley Happy

EB

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Green Heron - Fred C. Babcock/ Cecil M. Webb Wildlife Management Area, Punta Gorda, FL, 1/15/2018

A00A6727.jpg

Canon 7D Mk II, EF 100-400 L IS II, 1.4X TC III, 560mm, 1/1250, f/8, ISO 10,000 

Beautiful shot.  Smiley Happy

EB

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

IMG_2350A_House Sparrow.jpgA house sparrow rested on a limb for a few minutes. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. Chromatic aberrations were removed in PaintShop Pro.

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A house sparrow rested on a limb for a few minutes. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional. A fill Light/Clarity layer was used to bring out detail in the dark areas of the wren, and the local tone mapping layer was used to bring out all of the details in the bird. This was done in PaintShop Pro. Chromatic aberrations were were removed in PaintSop Pro. The image was Sharpened in PaintShop Pro.

•  
    Lens: EF75-300mm f/4-5.6
  • AV: ƒ/8.0
  • Focal Length: 300.0 mm
  • TV: 1/2500
  • ISO: 1600IMG_2346A_House Sparrow.jpg

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

A northern mockingbird searches for food by the edge of a driveway. The raw file was processed in Digital Photo Professional.

• Lens: EF75-300mm f/4-5.6
  • AV: ƒ/13.0
  • Focal Length: 300.0 mm
  • TV: 1/250
  • ISO: 1600IMG_2229_Northern Mockingbird.jpg

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

_DX_0758x.jpgOn the wing, into the Sun...............

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

_DX_0721.jpgSupper time.

EB
Announcements