cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageFORMULA R10 ontouchl.exe starts but does not open scan UI on Windows 11

leitecrb
Apprentice

My computer runs Windows 11 and when I connect the scanner it opens the File Explorer windows from where I can run ontouchl.exe. The application starts running but then a window blips and nothing happens. The UI does not open. Any idea how to fix this? It was working until a week ago.

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model scanner you're using?

That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

imageFormula R10.

It is recommended that you download and run the Restoration Tool for Windows Registry. This tool will search for and correct any issues that may be causing this issue. The tool can be downloaded from the following website:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageformula-r10-portable-document-scanner#idReference%3Dsoftwar...

Once the tool is downloaded, please do the following:

1. Double-click on the RepairReg.exe file to run the utility. The following dialog box will appear:
  2. Click the START button.

The utility will investigate and determine if there are any inconsistencies. If an inconsistency occurs, the utility will try to fix the issue.. If the tool corrects any issues, please try scanning again.

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366 Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

I have done that. The tool says there is no issue. I have also tried in other Lenovo laptops and it is not working.

I have done that as well.  Tool says no issue but the scan app in Windows 11 doesn't recognize my new ImageFormula R10 scanner

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements