cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-C225 Scanner is not ready. Power may have been cycled.

RussGPDX
Apprentice

One computer "upgraded" to Windows 11, and another new Windows 11 computer.  I swear I have scanned on both since the change to W11. Since the computers did not have the drivers or app installed I did that. Capture On Touch V4 Pro. As of a couple of days ago when I hit Scan, and the power was on, get the message "Scanner is not ready. (Power may have been cycled.) Try operation again. (-4400)   Hitting OK gets the same message back over and over. Turning off the power will allow you to clear the error message. Now I find I do not even need to have the app running to get the error message if I turn on the power to the unit.

14 REPLIES 14

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

It is recommended that you download and run the Restoration Tool for Windows Registry. This tool will search for and correct any issues that may be causing this issue. The tool can be downloaded from the following website:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageformula-dr-c225-office-document-scanner

Once the tool is downloaded, please do the following:

1. Double-click on the RepairReg.exe file to run the utility. The following dialog box will appear:
  2. Click the START button.

The utility will investigate and determine if there are any inconsistencies. If an inconsistency occurs, the utility will try to fix the issue.. If the tool corrects any issues, please try scanning again.

If the same error appears, please try the steps in the article listed HERE

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366 Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Hi ArthurJ

Your above solutions didn't work. What I found out was setting the date and time backwards fixed the problem. I think this is a firmware issue with these products. I'm currently using DR-C240 scanner.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@russgpdx,

If the above solutions don't work, I would suggest removing and completely uninstalling the printer, and all Canon software, then reinstall.  While there is an upgrade path from W10 > W11, you are still changing the operating system.  Some peripherals might not work at all or as expected after this type of upgrade.  Performing a fresh install of the printer is often best.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

RussGPDX
Apprentice

Rick:  Thanks for the idea.  When they "upgraded" me they wiped the computer, so this is a fresh install of the app and drivers already. I appreciate the thought.

@RussGPDX wrote:

One computer "upgraded" to Windows 11, and another new Windows 11 computer.  I swear I have scanned on both since the change to W11. Since the computers did not have the drivers or app installed I did that. Capture On Touch V4 Pro. As of a couple of days ago when I hit Scan, and the power was on, get the message "Scanner is not ready. (Power may have been cycled.) Try operation again. (-4400)   Hitting OK gets the same message back over and over. Turning off the power will allow you to clear the error message. Now I find I do not even need to have the app running to get the error message if I turn on the power to the unit.

gilillandc96
Apprentice

I am having the same problem with the DR-225 and DR-225II.  I have reinstalled the software several times.  I have found if the scanner is on during a reboot it will work most of the time after the reboot but if the scanner is off then it throws the errors continuously.  We converted the whole company to Windows 11 and I have about 5 scanner/computers that don't want to play nice and then the others are doing just fine.  It is frustrating trying to troubleshoot when some work and others don't with the same drivers.  We are discussing switching to Fujitsu if Canon can't get this issue fixed.  

Same exact issue here.  I believe this is related to Windows 11, as it is the only OS where we have this issue.

salehfarouk
Apprentice

1. Open up a Run box by holding down the Windows key + R. Next, type "services.msc" into the Run box and press Enter to open up the Services screen.

2. Scroll down through the list of services until you find the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service.

3. Right-click on it and select Restart.

That is only a temp fix.  We need a true resolution for the issue.

Salefarouk:

This worked, and it is the only thing that has.  dlshiple indicates below that it is only a temp fix. But so far so good for my trouble.

One thing that my mean that I will get a return engagement of this issue, is that I did the fix on one W11 computer. Then I plugged into the other W11 computer with the USB cable, and it worked there as well, even though I hadn't run your fix on that computer, and it hadn't worked there before either.

So I really do wonder what the heck is going on inside the rig. 

Anyway, thanks for the fix, even if temporary!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements