cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9000F stopped allowing 1200 dpi scans

SallyR
Apprentice

Granted this is an old model.  Using on Windows 10 and have been scanning at 1200 dpi for years.  I used to “import” the scan through Photoshop Elements and could control all the settings I needed but with a newer version of Elements, it stopped working.

ScanGear came with my scanner and I reverted to using that, but I believe when I recently purchased a new Canon printer (had always had HP’s before) and installed it, ScanGear must have been updated.  Now, even when I go through the long process of using advanced function in the new ScanGear software, it will only allow up to 800 dpi scans and that’s after I changed the settings to allow larger images/scans.

If you’ve had this problem and found a solution, please share!  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SallyR,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please open the MP Navigator EX.

2.  Point to Scan/Import and click on Photos/Documents (Platen).

mp120.gif

3.  Place a check mark next to Use the scanner driver and then click Open Scanner Driver.

mp224.gif

4.  Click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right corner.

mp233.gif

5.  In the Output Settings section, please select a resolution from the options displayed by clicking the button, or manually type in a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments).

mp052.gif

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SallyR
Apprentice

This did not solve the problem. Received message as follows: "Unable to scan. Image size exceeds 10001 x 10001 pixels. Reduce resolution or image size."

Output settings for this attempt shows output size: Flexible, 8.50 x 11.68, 100%. Data size: 409.34 MB.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements