cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan lide 300 installation stops at Step 3

mk43
Contributor

I bought CanoScan Lide 300 and am trying to install driver software on Windows 10.  During its installation it stops at Step 3 (I've waited for more than one hour).  I need assistance.

16 REPLIES 16

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Step 3?  Is that in the product's manual or part of the software install?

What operating system (version and build) are you using the scanner with?

Might be helpful to know more about the computer also? (Brand / model)

What is it connected to and how.  Port on motherboard, hub, etc?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mk43
Contributor

I am running "win-lide300-1_1-n_mcd.exe" I downloaded from the Canon Website.  Step 3 is part of the Installation screen.  I am using:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
  • Version: 21H2
  • OS build: 19044.2846

The computer I'm using Dell XPS 15 9510.  The CanoScan Lide 300 is connected to the USB-C port of the laptop via an adapter (USB-A to USB-C).  Is there anything else you need to know?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thank you, this is helpful.  Does step3 have anything to do with device detection?  I ask because you are using an adapter to connect to your PC.  Not all adapters allow proper detection of hardware.  Are you receiving any error messages?  What does the screen say in this portion of the install where no activity appears to be occurring.  

Thanks for providing the detailed info above. 😊

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mk43
Contributor

I have no error messages.  Everything seems normal until Step 3.  Here is the screen shot of Step 3.  It says "Scanner detected."  I hear some internal mechanism inside the scanner is moving once when this happens.  However, the spinning wheel keeps spinning forever (I waited as long as an hour --- three times.  Same results).

Step 3.jpg

mk43
Contributor

If I don't get any more help on this, I will be forced to return the product for a full refund...I hope someone can find a solution.

Hi, mk43!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

When I go to the Canon website and tried to register this product, it says the serial number I have is invalid for Canoscan Lide 300.  This is the only serial number I can find on the scanner. Since I cannot register this product, I cannot get any further help from Canon.  I'm stuck!

Hello mk43,

We're sorry to hear that you may be experiencing issues regarding your scanner's serial number. The serial number should be located on the back of the unit and you can find a helpful article showcasing it's location HERE.

That's exactly where I found the serial number, AND that is the serial number the Canon Website says invalid.  See the photo.  I read it as "KPXXXX0".  Am I wrong? [Masked Serial Number]

Announcements