cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LIDE 300 stopped scanning

stephensims1953
Apprentice

I bought a used LiDE 300 scanner from Amazon and yes, the scanner is registered.  For the first 3-4 months it worked fine.  I read about the problems w/scanners not being mfg. for the US.  The site says mine is registered.  For the last 3-4 weeks I have been having to run a reinstall for the unit to scan.  I usually use it daily but if I go a couple of days I always have to reinstall.  I dealt with that.

Now, as someone else mentioned a while ago on the board, I cannot get past the plugging in of the cable to the back of the scanner. It stops at that same step 3.  I have done everything previously mentioned.  Uninstall, reinstall, reboot the PC, etc.  Does anyone have any further ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi stephensims1953,

I can assist you, but I would need a little more information;

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of the macOS is installed?

Have you tried using a different USB cable?

Have you tried installing your CanoScan LiDE 300 on a different computer?

If you are using Windows, right click the Windows button and left click on Device Manager.  With the USB cable connected, does your scanner appear in the Device Manager list?  If so, under what heading?

I look forward to your reply.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements