Granted this is an old model. Using on Windows 10 and have been scanning at 1200 dpi for years. I used to “import” the scan through Photoshop Elements and could control all the settings I needed but with a newer version of Elements, it stopped working.
ScanGear came with my scanner and I reverted to using that, but I believe when I recently purchased a new Canon printer (had always had HP’s before) and installed it, ScanGear must have been updated. Now, even when I go through the long process of using advanced function in the new ScanGear software, it will only allow up to 800 dpi scans and that’s after I changed the settings to allow larger images/scans.
If you’ve had this problem and found a solution, please share! Thank you.
Please follow these steps:
1. Please open the MP Navigator EX.
2. Point to Scan/Import and click on Photos/Documents (Platen).
3. Place a check mark next to Use the scanner driver and then click Open Scanner Driver.
4. Click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right corner.
5. In the Output Settings section, please select a resolution from the options displayed by clicking the button, or manually type in a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments).