cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9000F and Windows 11

dpj8197
Apprentice

Is there any work around to use the Cannon 9000F Scanner with Windows 11?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swinny4
Apprentice

I installed the Windows 8.1 driver and all works fine now. Back to normal.

9000F Mark11 Scanner Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows)

sd68-win-9000f-16_0_5-ea24

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not a true work-around, but VueScan by Hamrick Software should get you back in business.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

What software do you use to clean up the photos you scan? The (trial version of ) VueScan software doesn't do nearly the job of color restoration, dust removal, etc. Photoshop Elements takes too long to process images one at a time.

I haven’t started that process yet.  Considering Photoshop but will take your experience under advise.

I think that the full Photoshop application enables batch processing, with some hefty learning involved, but I'm not sure that Elements does. With MPNavigator, I would set up a scanning profile for a batch of photos based on their fade level, amount of dirt, texture, etc - and then run a whole bunch of scans at once. I'm using the 8.1 driver now with success in windows 11 but realizing that even that, I no longer have the patience for so I may buy a scanner with a feed like the Epson or Plustek.

Update: The 8.1 driver has been working fine for me. I also invested in a Plustek to make quicker work of huge piles of photos that didn't need special attention. Photoshop Elements does a fair job of batch processing folders full of faded images. I found that old photos benefitted greatly from the higher resolution detailed processing of the 9000F. 

barbdyer
Apprentice

Same problem for me.  CanoScan driver incompatible with Windows 11.  Purchased VueScan and it works.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Hmmmm....I have a CanoScan 8800F that works perfectly well with Windows 11, using Windows the up-to-Win7 driver and software.

The CanoScan 9000F has a driver and Canon software for Windows 10. Did you try this in Win11? The two OSes are not all that different.

Yes, tried using CanonScan driver with Windows 11 but would not work.  Got Microsoft support and they were able to get the Windows 11 scanner interface to work with the CanoScan 9000 but it didn’t offer the features the CanoScan driver did.  Resorted to the Hamrick VueScan app.

swinny4
Apprentice

I installed the Windows 8.1 driver and all works fine now. Back to normal.

9000F Mark11 Scanner Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows)

sd68-win-9000f-16_0_5-ea24

Announcements