cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HJ22ex7.6B IASE Displaying "Initialize Error" When booting up, no picture

Haldor
Apprentice

I have a canon HJ22ex7.6B IASE Lense i use for HDTV production and it suddently wont give me a picture. there is a little display on the side of the lense and it says "Initialize Error" when i boot it up. i have tried changing view finders and cameras but the same message occur. Any tips?

Thanks for the help ❤️

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Haldor!

Our forums are designed for support and discussion of consumer-level Canon products. For assistance on a broadcast lens such as this one, your best choice for support and service would be to contact Canon's Broadcast and Communication Products division.  You can call them at 1-800-423-LENS (1-800-423-5367) where they're available weekdays from 9 AM to midnight ET (6 AM to 9 PM PT), and you can get support via email by clicking HERE.

We hope this helps!

Nkibbler
Apprentice

@Haldor wrote:

I have a canon HJ22ex7.6B IASE Lense i use for HDTV production and it suddently wont give me a picture. there is a little display on the side of the lense and it says "Initialize Error" when i boot it up. i have tried changing view finders and cameras but the same message occur. Any tips?

Thanks for the help ❤️

image001.png

I know this is now over a year after you write the question but I was just having the same issue with my 11x lens. I emailed with canon support and they sent this back to me. I went through the initialization start operation and it fixed my issue. I hope this can help you or anyone else having this initialize error on a broadcast lens.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements