cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C100 HDMI Status stays off

invujerry
Apprentice

I just purchased a C100 with the DPAF upgrade and for some reason the HDMI is not working. I tried using an Atomos Ninja 2, a television, and a computer monitor so far to no avail. The A/V port however is working. The firmware is already updated to the latest version and I can't do anything else with it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi invujerry,

I'm sorry to hear your EOS C100 isn't outputting a video feed through the HDMI connection. There aren't any settings that would turn the HDMI output on or off on that camera. Once it detects an HDMI connection the camera automatically starts to output video through the HDMI port.

There are some things to check with an issue like this. The first thing would be to try using a different HDMI cable. Sometimes if the cable has degraded it can cause issues like this.

The other thing to check would be to make sure the resolution your HDMI display is set to matches the resolution your camera is set to record. If the camera is set to HD recording it outputs HD resolution, or if it is set to SD recording it outputs at SD resolution. Sometimes if the display is set for a different resolution than what the camera is outputting the video feed won't be visible.

Announcements