cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to digitally control 20x L IS Zoom Lens XL

rbibate
Contributor

20× L IS Zoom Lens XL 
Hi Team, is there any parameter or setting any binary data hex or ascii codes to control the above mentioned Lens.
i need to control Lens - Zoom, Auto focus, Aperture  using Arduino nano or Rpi.
i have usb camera Arducam, i have developed adapter for it, but the lens which I'm using has no control on my side. 
please suggest me how do i control it.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The forum is intended to support Canon products.  Unless someone has direct experience with a Arducam?  

What lens is this...  20× L IS Zoom Lens XL ???

I think you may need to visit the developers forum to discuss software SDK

https://developercommunity.usa.canon.com/s/

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you sir.....!

20x Optical Zoom Lens for the XL2 Camcorder Screenshot 2024-08-19 091907.png

The XL2 was retired in 2017. That means all development also ceased. 

You can see all of the developer tools that are available HERE.

Hi sir.....!

i don't need any new development on this Lens.....!
i need old documents or SDK releated to this lens....!
how the camera and lens communicated to each other, is their any codes, or hex codes binary codes or ascii codes to control the miniature stepper motor in the lens....! i just openend the lens.... i found there are 3 motor and individual encoders in it..... 1 for Zoom 2 for focus 3 for Iris open.....! is there any document or SDK for control these pheripheral.
requesting you to please help me out....!    

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for providing this information.  I am definitely familiar with the XL2.  It was every videographers dream 20 yrs ago.  😄

Hopefully the developers forum.can provide the support you need.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements