cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR-Nxxx, XC Protocol, Reboot... adjust mic volume

jello3d
Apprentice

I have cameras that are hundreds of miles away.

The XC Protocol works fine for control in general, however, I see no way to issue a reboot... or to adjust the mic input levels via an api/automatable process.

Rebooting, of course, could be done with a PDU, PoE or smart plug I suppose... but controlling that audio level seems to be a problem.

Any idea how it might be accomplished outside of using an IR blaster, or remote app?

4 REPLIES 4

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jello3d,

To assist you with this we would need to know which CR-N series cameras you have. Some of the remote functions are different from model to model, so we would need the specific models to see if there is a way to reboot or adjust mic levels through XC protocol.

jello3d
Apprentice

I have many CR-N500 and a couple CR-N300

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jello3d,

If you know the camera's IP address, you can enter that into your web browser to get the settings page. You should be able to reboot the camera from there, and that should preserve your audio levels.

Another option would be to use VISCA over IP commands to reboot the camera. You would need an integrator level understanding of VISCA over IP commands and a control program through which to send/receive those commands. That goes beyond the support we can provide, but you can find some resources that might help on the link below:
https://developercommunity.usa.canon.com/s/topic/0TO3x000000IFOPGA4/ptz-remote-cameras

Thank you.  I would have used VISCA for all control instead of XC to begin with, but the CR-N implementation lacks absolute positioning (unless that's been fixed).  Any way we could get either a complete VISCA implementation and/or add the missing bits to XC?   

It would be nice if both stacks were complete... but since we spent the time porting our code over to XC, I'd favor that now.  All I'm missing there is reboot and audio level.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements