cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R600 record with no sound option?

starrynight
Apprentice

I am sure that I am missing something simple, but can someone please help me with how to record with no sound on the Vixia HF R600?

I can see audio options for: Standard, Music, Speech, Forest & Birds and Noise Suppression modes. (Noise Suppression = "reduces noise from wind and cars. Ideal for recording in a car or crowd." It does not turn off the noise.)

When playing back videos I can see where to adjust the AV/Headphone volume.

However, I have yet to find an option to turn off the sound when recording.

Am I missing something? Or is my only option to take out the sound with some editing program after-the-fact?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the response. I may go that route. I have seen a few reviews on some mics that claim just what you said.

It does seem odd that a modern camcorder would not have the simple option of recording with no sound though. It seems like such an obvious option to include.

Oh well. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

I'm not sure this is the best or only solution but if you have an external microphone available you could try connecting it and turning it off during recording.  Hopefully that would keep the internal microphone from coming on.  Hopefully someone with knowledge about this camera will respond as I have never used this particular camcorder.

Thank you for the response. I may go that route. I have seen a few reviews on some mics that claim just what you said.

It does seem odd that a modern camcorder would not have the simple option of recording with no sound though. It seems like such an obvious option to include.

Oh well. Thanks again!

i have vixia hfr 700. i dont know about features in  600 but 

try this to record without sound:

1. reduce audio db level to minimum (-40)

2. put any 3.5pin in mic jack, it could be headphone, or any mic which doesnt have external power support.

i have vixia hfr 700. i dont know about features in  600 but 

try this to record without sound:

1. reduce audio db level to minimum (-40)

2. put any 3.5pin in mic jack, it could be headphone, or any mic which doesnt have external power support.

Announcements