cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Buy The R5C??

dreamindior
Apprentice

Should I get the R5C? I've been thinking about leasing it on Amazon through Affirm. I have all my plans sorted out to afford all my expenses and all I need to do is just make a decision. Can anybody give me any thoughts or advice? Thank youu

#ilovecanon 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since you did not tell us what your needs are, we cannot answer.

I need a new camera to replace my broken R50. I shoot music videos, studio recording sessions, interviews, and vlogs. I also plan on getting the 15-35mm RF lens to get that wider frame for music videos.

It would be a considerable difference being that the R5C is a cinema camera.  The only thing it lacks from other cinema cameras such as the EOS C70 is built-in ND filters which can be incredibly useful.

It will definitely be heavier than your R50.  But more of a concern would be if you intend to take advantage of the higher-end codecs.  File sizes can be massive, so if wanting to work with such footage, be sure you have ample drive space and backup space.

I would actually recommend a day or two rental so you can take it for a spin and see how it would fit in to your existing video pipeline.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

MDXFILMS
Contributor

Coming from the r50 you will get a completely different camera menu too. The r6ii is a little easier to use if you are not familiar with the cinema menu system. Definitely rent the r5c first maybe from lens rentals, you can find a discount code online sometimes. If you are shooting a lot of slow-mo then the r5c is a must with the cooling fan. But if you need a more simple set up then the R6ii might be the better option. 🙂 hope this helps. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements