cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiny print on glossy paper--PRO 100 iMac

cindybnyc
Contributor

When I print 4 x 6 borderless on Canon matte paper, choose "Fill Page," use Color Sync and the Canon matte profile, it comes out almost OK, with just a small white border on the left and the bottom.

But when I try the exact same thing with Canon glossy paper, the print fills 1/4 of the paper!

I'm printing from Preview, because I've been having so many problems trying to print from Affinity Photo.  I don't have Photoshop.  But it's a perfectly normal Mac print dialogue.  I have the latest driver installed.

Printer: Canon PRO-100 series

Presets:  Last Used Settings

Copies: 1, Pages All, Paper Size:  4 x 6 Borderless, Orientation: landscape

Preview:  Auto Rotate, Scale to Fit:  Fill Entire Paper, Copies per page: 1

Layout:  Pages per Sheet: 1, Border: None

Color Matching:  ColorSync, Profile: Canon PRO-100 ,GLA><PPA> 1/2 Photo Paper Plus Gloss&Gold A

Paper Handling:  collate pages, Pages to print: all pages, Page Order: Automatic, Scale to fit paper size, Destination Paper Size: 4 x 6 Borderless

Printer Features:  ProfileID:  Canon PRO 100 series GL1.icc, Output Resolutiiobn 600 x 600, Media Type: Photo Paper Plus Glossy IIA, Paper Source: Rear Tray, Quality: Fine, Halftoning: Diffusion, B&W Photo Print: off, Brightness: Normal, Amount of Extension: 2, MarginType: 0, Print Quality: High, B&W Photo Print: off, Quality: Normal(Fine), Halftoning: Diffusion, Print Area:  Use normal-size printing, ProfileType: 1, PDEEnable: 1, RGBGrayConvert: 0, AutoDuplexCheckBox: 0, Sample Type: Standard, View Color Pattern: off, Tone: B&W, Stapling Side: Long-side stapling.  (I don't know what all of this means, but it's the same as when I print on matte paper.)

Result: photo prints in lower left quarter of the page.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cindybnyc,

Can you try printing from the Canon photo printing software. Please click HERE and then select the software tab. Once you are on the software tab, please download and install the Print Studio Pro Ver.2.2.3.

If the same issue happens, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Print Studio Pro only works with Photoshop and Lightroom, which I don't have.  It doesn't work with Affinity Photo, which is a major problem for me.  I haven't been able to get Digital Photo Pro to work.  I can't even load photos into it.

But this tiny printing problem is not just with photos; it is with documents and everything else!  And now it affects my MG5520 as well!  What on earth is going on?  Everything is printing on 1/4 of the page.  Please see all my settings in my original post.

Seems like your problem is possibly computer related, since you also have a problem with DPP.

You might want to download free application AppCleaner and uninstall the Canon software. Then reinstall the software.

I know the new macOS has a permission request that pops up during software installation that is easy to miss. It doesn't prevent installation, but will impact te ability for the software to access parts of the computer if you don't authorize it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, cindybnyc

I understand that the issue is happening with more than one printer. To continue troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend resetting the printing system, followed by adding the two printers back to the printer list.

To reset the printing system open the Printers and Scanners window, press and hold down the control button, and click on a blank portion of the printer list. A small window stating "Reset Printing System" will pop up, click on the pop-up and reset the system. Once the system is reset add the two printers back to the printer list and attempt to print again.

Announcements