cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print Studio Pro not working with MacOS Big Sur

JLMitchell19
Apprentice

Any idea when a Big Sur compatible version of Print Studio Pro will become available?  Tried to download and install ver 2.2.4 and it will not install.  Anyone have a workaround to use PSP plugin with Lightroom and Photoshop? Thanks 

I have a Apple iMac with a Canon Pixma Pro 100

23 REPLIES 23

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 

equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Hi,

I'm using a Canon Pixma Pro 10S on the latest firmware, Mac OS Big Sur (11.0.1), and Lightroom Classic 10.1 Release.

I now have the same issue as the OP.

Prior to updating MacOS and LRC your Studio Pro plugin was working, after updating I cannot seem to install it again and get a failed message each time I try.

My guess is it needs to be updated. As I can see when selecting Big Sur on your support page, Studio Pro is not listed anymore.

Any idea when that is going to be?

Thanks!

Phil

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It works for me.

Do you have the  IJ Series version of the printer driver installed?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I do have the IJ driver installed for the printer that corresponds to Big Sur OS.  I'm getting a "This Installation failed" message when trying to install 2.2.4 PSP.

I just re-ran the installer app and the window I get says Lightroom found. Give canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Check your Private Messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Did you install 2.2.4 on an Imac with Big Sur?  I keep trying and get the error message Installation Failed....

Yes. Big Sur and 2.2.4. 

Check your Private Messages. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just got a Pro-100 and when I go to this page

https://en.canon-cna.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pixma_p...)

(selecting Big Sur)... Print Studio Pro is not available. So, when will it be? And how come it seems to be working already for others on this thread?

Welcome to the forum Jenna. 

The issue seems to relate to the installer, not the actual app itself. 

In my case I already had it installed with Catalina, so I was all set. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbg8ogEOgVEjNactdzeg?e=nRyDTy

This link has the PSP file folder and a graphic of where to install it.

I can only help with Photoshop since I am unable to find where LrC has the module folder on the Mac.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements