cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS 10.11 Big Sur and Pro 1000

nsoltz
Contributor

Any compatibility issues with printer driver or print studio pro from lightroom or ps?

11 REPLIES 11

easyrider
Contributor

Canon Professional Print & Layout plugin for Photoshop 22.0.1 is no longer available and not (yet) available for Big Sur 😞

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Big Sur CUPS drivers and software are available for download at the following link:

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Drivers & Downloads

In regard to the Professional Print and Layout plugin, the latest supported version of Photoshop is

Photoshop CC 21.x(2020).  Please take this into account to ensure functionality of the plugin.  You can continue to check the download section for future releases of the plugin as they become available.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi there,

I have a problem with the new Big Sur printer driver for my Pro-1000. I've downloaded it (3 times now) and all seems to be well - it says the driver has succesfully been installed - but the printer doesn't appear in the printer list in system preferences - can you please hekp mew?

Many thanks.

@Jobetim wrote:

Hi there,

I have a problem with the new Big Sur printer driver for my Pro-1000. I've downloaded it (3 times now) and all seems to be well - it says the driver has succesfully been installed - but the printer doesn't appear in the printer list in system preferences - can you please hekp mew?

Many thanks.

Did you click the "+" icon to add the printer? Just downloading the driver isn't enough.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I have clicked the '+' icon to add a printer, and all I see is a blank dialogue box with several lines to fill in, and I have no idea what to put in them!

Ben

London, UK

Hi Ben, did you try to reset the Printing system?

I had an almost similar problem and solved it by a reset.

Click in the left column, where the printer was, with the right mouse button, then choose “reset printing system”.  This will reset print settings and can solve problems. The printer should then become visible and work again. 

Henri

Borne, The Netherlands

Thanks for your suggestion Henri - yes, I have tried resetting the printing system - all that did was to wipe out my HP printer driver, which I then managed to reinstall. The Canon pro-1000 driver, released for Big Sur in early December will still not appear, and I don’t know what to do. Ben

@Jobetim wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I have clicked the '+' icon to add a printer, and all I see is a blank dialogue box with several lines to fill in, and I have no idea what to put in them!

Ben

London, UK

That is strange. Do you have a UK based canon support line to call?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

easyrider
Contributor
I keep on thinking ...
How is the printer connected? USB, WiFi or UTP?

Henri
Announcements